Our ideology is one which balances traditional obedience training with newer methods consisting of more humane, motivational techniques. We believe that motivating dogs to want to learn through a reward-based system rather than through force or coercion is not only more humane but also more effective.
We hope that you find the following class descriptions helpful in determining which is the best course for you and your dog. Our classes are fun and user friendly. Feel free to call us at 434-972-7297 for further information or to sign up for one of our classes.
Click here for a list of upcoming classes.
Puppy 101: The first stage of learning how to be a good canine citizen starts with a good puppy class. Our class will help you to learn how your puppy learns! He/She will learn how to sit, look at you when asked, proper greeting of humans and other puppies, lie down, wait politely for goodies and games, come when called ( and not just for dinner) shorts stays and how to be play nicely with their new friends. We provide lots of playtime and socialization with the puppies other humans in the class. Puppy class is for puppies four and a half months and younger. Miniature breeds will be accepted up to six months.
Basic Obedience: Yes, all dogs can learn how to be polite when you speak their language. Most often undesirable behaviors are the result of a lack of communication between two different species. We will show you how to “talk dog”. It is effective and fun and makes perfect sense to your dog. Prepare to learn how to: get your dog to sit the first time that you ask, lie down and settle during distractions. Look at you when asked. Greet humans politely without jumping, showing fear or aggression. Learn to ignore other dogs unless given permission to greet. Come when called (not deer proof for many years), wait and stay. Short and sweet and worth every penny, no dog should miss taking this class. This class is for dogs over 4 and a half months.
One and Done Classes: Introducing our new line of One and Done Classes! What is a one and done class? We realize that committing to a four or six week class can be tough. If you have not attended classes due to scheduling conflicts this could be a nice solution. This class is one class only. We work on one specific behavior in the same user friendly, fun way that All Things Pawssible is known for. You may sign up more than once for each class. Each class is $25.00.
- Help I’m In a Down and I Can’t Get Up Does your dog resist stay? Do they fidget, jump up, bark at distractions? Let’s work on the reason that we teach stay; to help your dog relax. We will work on relaxing for the first half of class and then begin to add distraction, distance and duration. We will offer light massage, and stress-away essential oils as well as Through a Dogs Ear calming music. The goal is to help your dog find stay a pleasant and rewarding experience rather than a chore. A general idea of down and stay is required for this class.
- Come As You Are Recall can be tough! Practice makes perfect and the goal for this class is an opportunity for practice. We will work on distractions, motivators be it a treat or perhaps greeting another dog or person as a reward. We will teach new cues and play some of our favorite recall games like Runaway. If weather is permitting we may do some long line work outside. This drop in class is limited to six dogs and handlers. You may sign up for a drop in class as many times as you like.
- Freak on a Leash Flight or fight is our most primal and unavoidable response to perceived danger. Dogs can feel helpless when on a leash as the flight response is prohibited, the obvious option left for them would be flight. This class will give you quick tools to turn around unwanted pulling, lunging, barking and other behaviors that can be embarrassing and scary out on the street. Imagine a leisurely stroll down your street without these behaviors. Please note, you will not solve all leash issues in one hour. This gives you a baseline to get started. Please call for a private session if your dog exhibits severe aggression.
- All Eyes on Me Recent MRI’s done on dogs revealed what we already knew. When a dog hears their human voice the love and reward cortex of the brain lights up. A stressed dog cannot perform. We can help our dogs to relax knowing that we are there for them and will help them feel safe and relaxed. This one hour fun session will show you the miracle of your voice when used to motivate your dog. Fun games and leash work are practiced that you will be able to utilize anytime your dog needs to focus on you.
- Get Down For What Are you tired of the scratches, muddy paws, and embarrassment of your dog constantly jumping on people? Would you like your dog to understand what personal space is? In this class we will cover the most effective methods of keeping your dog from jumping up on you and others and also talk about why they jump up so we can tailor a training plan to your situation. No previous training is required. A harness is strongly recommended.
- Fidos After Five Most people who own a dog are eager to have them play with other dogs, but how can you tell what’s appropriate play and what’s not. This class will help you answer those questions. You will also learn the 3 rules of 3 and things to watch for as your dog plays with other dogs. This class is for dogs 6 months – 1 year.